Mar 2016 : Report of CME on updates in Gynaec PathologySDUMC, Kolar
REPORT ON CME
THEME OF THE PROGRAMME – “CME on Updates In Gynec Pathology in association with KCIAPM”
CONDUCTED – 19th March 2016
VENUE: AV HALL, SDUMC, KOLAR
Sponsors – Sri Devaraj Urs Academy of Higher Education and Research, Karnataka Chapter of Indian Association of Pathologits and Microbiologists, Medical Education Research Trust, APR sales corporation and L N Distributors
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES –
Gynec Pathology is one of the branches of Pathology which we see in our day to day practice. Our objective was to update ourselves and increase the knowledge regarding interpretations and newer techniques emerging in the field that really helps us in our day to day reporting
The programme began at registration of delegates followed by breakfast. The delegates came from various private hospitals and medical colleges to name a few including , Kempegowda institute of medical sciences, PESIMSR, Kuppam, Adichunchunagiri institute of medical sciences, SRL Diagnostics, BGS GIMS Bangalore, Command Hospital Bangalore, ESIMC PGIMSR, Anand diagnostics, SRL Reference Lab, Bangalore, St John’s Medical College, VIMS & RC, MS Ramaiah Medical College , MVJ Medical College, Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Medical college, Apollo, Chennai, Azeezia medical college kerala, SVIMS Tirupathi, Sambharam medical college, Mandya medical college, Oxford Medical college.
Formal inauguration was done in between the session under the presence of dignitaries – Vice Chancellor Dr P F Kotur, Principal & Dean Faculty of Medicine Dr Harendra Kumar M L, PG director Dr S R Prasad and KMC Observer Dr Vadiraj Pokkan. e began with invoking the blessing of the almighty and lighting the lamp for knowledge and prosperity. It was followed by Welcome Speech by Dr CSBR Prasad, Prof and HOD Pathology,
Followed by the Presidential Address by our beloved Vice Chancellor Dr P F Kotur. About 250 delegates including consultants, teaching faculty, post-graduates attended and participated in CME.
1) Changing trends in Ovarian Carcinomas: Dr.Julian Alphonse Crasta , Professor of Pathology, St. John’s Medical College spoke about mainly surface epithelial tumors and newer concepts and terminologies associated with it . A momento & certificate was awarded to speakers to express the gratitude.
2) Uterine Stromal Tumors by Dr Ramani Manoj Kumar, Professor of Pathology, Christian Medical College, Vellore discussed on Uterine Stromal Tumors how to approach a case . A momento & certificate was awarded to speakers to express the gratitude.
This was followed by a Inaguration and short 15 mins tea break.
3) Approach to Trophoblastic Tumors by Dr Rajendiran S, Professor of Pathology, Sri Ramchandra Medical College, Chennai discussed on how to approach a case of various trophoblastic tumors, pattern analysis, mimics, difficulties, WHO classification of trophoblastic tumors, different types of trophoblasts and lesions assosiated with it . A momento and certificate was awarded to the speakers to express our gratitude.
4) Slide Seminar – by Dr Ramani Manoj Kumar, Professor of Pathology, Christian Medical College, Vellore. She discussed 7 interesting diagnostically challenging cases and explained on how the final diagnosis was achieved in each of the cases.
This was followed by a lunch break of thirty minutes duration
5) Slide Seminar – Interesting cases of Trophoblastic tumors by Dr Rajendiran S, Professor of Pathology, Sri Ramchandra Medical College, Chennai. He discussed 10 cases which was put on website as a PowerPoint. He discussed the differential diagnosis and the special stains and IHC required to finally confirm the diagnosis and role of cytogenetics in these cases. His explanations taught us that a systematic approach will help us reach a correct final diagnosis in almost all cases.
6) Oncologists Perspective Towards Surgical Pathology Reporting Dr Surya Sen , Surgical Oncologist and Laproscopic surgeon, Srinivasa Multispeciality Hospital,Tirupathi. His talk helped both the pathologists and surgeons to understand each other’s role and limitations in reporting and diagnosing any case. A momento and certificate was awarded to the speakers to express our gratitude.
The CME ended successfully by vote of thanks by Organizing Secretary Dr. Shilpa.MD followed by collection of participant feedback forms and distribution of certificates to delegates followed by High Tea.
Feedback analysis showed appreciation of selection of the topic as well as speakers from reputed institutes. Hospitality and arrangements were also appreciated. Provision of handouts and CD’s of the Power Point presentations was suggested.